Friday, May 02, 2008

Super Duper


There has been a lot of talk these days about Super Delegates. A concept I pretty much found amusing- you know a group of politicians creating a legal program to ignore the wishes of the people, (like the witches in Macbeth). It is not that they think the people ignorant it’s just that you and I don’t know what’s good for us. The other thing that has sparked my interest in that group is that I have a Super Delegate living close by me, her name is Enid Goubeaux. I have seen her at the grocery store! Now really how cool is that.
Anyway, the popular vote in the Democratic primary of Ohio went to the Madonna loving Hillary but Enid has cast her support for Barack Hussein Obama.
Because:

I am endorsing Sen. Obama because his message, ‘yes we can’ has inspired so many voters, especially younger voters, to take part in shaping our country's future.

“I believe that Sen. Obama will end politics as usual which divides the nation and prevents us from confronting our most serious problems.”

With well thought out, reasoned and insightful comments like those she certainly has shown others the error of their voting.

Reminds me of the story of a boy coming home and announcing that he is going to major in philosophy. His father asks, “What are you going to do with that?”
The boy answers “Open up a shop and sell ideas.”

Barack supporters opened a shop and are selling platitudes and people are buying.

No comments: