Friday, March 28, 2008

Why is this man Smiling??

Because he knows GKC!!

Ive started reading a bit of history/current events about the Vatican II era forward of the Church and the Papacy......I realized how little I really knew about John XXIII, Paul VI, and JPI and how they saw their leadership in tumultuous times.

Pope John Paul I, born Albino Luciani (sp?) wrote a book calledIllustrissimi , a collection of letters to historical and literary figures, including G.K Chesterton! I attached a link to a google books excerpt. I think John Paul does catch the spirit of GKC, for those of us who have lived most of our adult lives with John Paul the Great, the style of writing seems so un-pope-like. I cant believe Ive been a Chestertonian this long without knowing about this.

Sorry for my absence, I plan on being around much more frequently.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Old Thunder said...

Keep the good work up!

FYI: I just added you to my new blog. :)