Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Lesser" Friend

When I started this blog, I hoped to have posts about Belloc, Baring, Benson, Dawson, and other "friends." That doesn't happen as often as I'd like. It's not surprising, of course: there's more material by/about GKC than all the others combined. Still, when I find "friend material," I go out of my way to bring it here.

So, if you want to read a little bit about Ronald Knox, check out Catholic Light's post yesterday. Excerpt:

"On January 16, 1926, [Knox] unintentionally stirred up panic across Britain with his own tongue-in-cheek BBC broadcast. He sent up the conventions of radio news by announcing that a mob in London had stormed the National Gallery, attacked the Houses of Parliament, blown up the Clock Tower, and lynched a minor government minister, all at the instigation of 'Mr. Poppleberry, secretary of the National Movement for Abolishing Theatre Queues.'"

2 comments:

Vicki said...

And, if you want to read a lot about Ronald Knox, you can go to www.ronaldknoxsociety.com

Might I request that the owners of this blog add our address to the links for Ronald Knox?
Best,
Vicki McCaffrey
Pres., Ronald Knox Society

Joe said...

Thank you for the link!
I added it to the sidebar.