Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"he does the stories and I do his letters"

Do you have her autograph?

"THE USES OF DIVERSITY" by G.K. Chesterton (1920)

This book includes a loosely inserted signed autograph letter from Chesterton's Wife

"Dear Mr. Anderson,
You must forgive me if I write a line instead of my Husband. He is so appallingly busy that he cannot answer half the jolly letters he gets including those from schoolboys. Perhaps you will be pleased to know he has just finished a most thrilling kind of detective story longer than the Father Brown ones which ought to appear shortly, though it is due in America first. You see it is impossible to write stories and answer letters so he does the stories and I do his letters. Here is a copy ... etc etc.
Yours Sincerely,
Frances Chesterton"

available via AbeBooks.com for $51.76 (USD)

No comments: